Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The 80's revisited

On Sunday I dug up and old tune that I hadn't used for years, Tower of Strength by the Mission. I realised that the main reason I hadn't used it for years was because in the mid 90s it sounded so dated, yet now, with the goth revival it
sounds surprisingly fresh once more. The other reason I hadn't used it though, was because I'd never got round to buying
it myself. Then I found it up on the iTunes site. That's the best thing about that site. If you want one song for a worship service you don't have to go to the hassle of buying a whole album! Another 80s classic I bought recently from iTunes (remixed this time) was the Timo Maas instrumental mix of Enjoy the Silence. Nice stuff. I'm sure we could do some liturgy or a reading or something over it!

I leave you with the first verse of Tower of Strength. (just to show you why I like it!)

You raise me up
When I'm on the floor
You see me through
When I'm lonely and scared
And I'm feeling true to the written word
And you're true to me.
But still I need more.
It would tear me apart
To feel noone ever cared
For me for me for me.
You are a tower of strength to me.

No comments: