Saturday, July 23, 2005

More discoveries...Garage Band.

My other recent discovery has been Garage Band. For years I've been using Cubase to write songs, which has worked very well.
I also have a collection of MIDI boxes and old synths together in my office, connected with lots of spaghetti, but gradually they are dying. My Emu sampler has died. I'm not too sad though, as the best thing about it was the 909 drum samples I took from my friend Paul. My Cheetah cool bass noises box went a couple of years ago, and, although I love my CS1X its a complete pain to program, and I just felt like I needed some new sounds.

That, combined with the fact that I had garage band on my Mac anyway (its free, as it comes with the machine) led me to explore it! Actually I'm pretty impressed. I can't believe a piece of software that is free can do so much. So, instead of splashing out on another MIDI box, I've bought the analogue soft-synths pack for Garage Band and the Jam Pack 2. Tasty! Now I have my cool bass noises back, and my 909 and am hoping this will lead the Abbess into new realms of creativity. Its certainly worked this week. I wrote 3 hymn remixes in one day (but then I did have a deadline because of the wedding which helped!)

If you want to check out my past compositions go to.
http://www.soundclick.com/abbess
Abbess is my band name by the way.

No comments: