Sunday, March 16, 2008

O sacred head (Sues words)

Yonks back I remixed O sacred head.
It occurs to me that this week is a good time to repost the lyrics. So here we are.
It starts fairly standard and then in verse 2 goes a bit different....
Free free to swipe.

And click on the link if you want to hear my version.
(its down at the bottom of the page once you get there so you'll have to scroll for a bit)

O sacred head surrounded
by crown of piercing thorns
O royal head so wounded
The object of our scorn
Deaths shadows rise before you
The glow of life decays
Yet angel choirs adore you
And tremble as they gaze

You saw our human sorrows
Abuse and pain and war,
And all our deadliest horrors
The hate lodged at our core.
I bow to You our mender,
For healing our disgrace.
For loving us like no other
To save the human race.

Your beauty, health and vigour
Are crushed, Your strength is gone
And in your tortured figure
I see death coming on,
In agony and dying
You bled to make us free
We long for transformation
Christ turn your face to me

What language shall I borrow
To thank you dearest friend
For all your tortured sorrow
Compassion without end!
Christ make me yours forever
And when at last I die
Embrace me then and show me
Yourself, Your love, Your life.

No comments: